Associate Partner, Special Projects (Office of the CEO)
Special Projects, Associate Partner
Location: Washington D.C. or Boston
ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a venture philanthropy organization that backs social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit exists to build a bridge between these leaders and a community of philanthropists who are committed to catalyzing their impact. New Profit provides unrestricted grants and strategic support to a portfolio of organizations led by visionary social entrepreneurs to increase their impact, scale, and sustainability. It also partners with social entrepreneurs and other cross-sector leaders to shift how government and philanthropy pursue social change to ensure that all people can thrive. Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has invested $325+ million in more than 165 early-and later-stage social enterprises. Learn more about New Profit here.
Are you a natural relationship-builder looking to collaborate across a dynamic organization? Are you results-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple work streams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment? Are you passionate about social change and looking to learn about working on the cutting edge of social entrepreneurship, philanthropy and policy with one of the most influential leaders in the sector?
New Profit is seeking an exceptional person to support and operationalize the vision of Tulaine Montgomery, CEO, for a minimum of two years. You will coordinate new and ongoing projects across the organization, play a key role in ensuring that New Profit achieves its mission and ambitious growth strategy, and you will be exposed to all areas of the organization with a particular focus on field leadership and fundraising.
This position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with a high-performing team and outstanding network, and will serve as a leadership development path for you to launch your career in the social sector. The Special Projects Associate Partner will also work closely with members of the Communications Team, Investor Relationships Team, and Executive Office teams.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess highly developed interpersonal, networking and influencing skills, superior organizational and prioritization abilities, strong and demonstrated judgment and tact, the ability to juggle multiple projects and details while driving toward deadlines, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Office of CEO
- Collaborate with the Executive Assistant to better leverage the CEO’s time to allow her to focus on mission critical issues
- Diligently manage, track, and prioritize the CEO’s email; draft, write, edit, proof emails and letters; flag scheduling requests for the Executive Assistant
- Support the Executive Assistant in anticipating & responding to CEO’s needs relative to upcoming meetings and events, coordinating and managing materials and talking points with teams across the organization
- Manage the Weekly Team Meeting, coordinate with the CEO on agenda setting, note taking, and tracking follow up
- Coordinate logistics and operations for local and off-site meetings and events
- Assist with special projects as needed, including annual events and emergent opportunities
Fundraising Partnership with CEO
- Frequently travel with the CEO to serve as primary support staff at convenings, conferences, speaking engagements and funder events; prepare briefing materials in advance of travels and spend time onsite ensuring that the CEO feels well-equipped and ready to present externally; conduct debrief conversations and manage all follow-ups coming out of external engagements; provide notes and download all pertinent information to Partner, Investor Relations in a timely manner
- Flag potential prospects and funding opportunities, coordinate outreach and follow-up, and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate coordination with other partners and support staff across New Profit on the CEO’s fundraising activities
- Collaborate with the Partner, Investor Relations in maintaining the CEO’s overall fundraising priorities and manage to deliverable deadlines
- Take measures to help all donors feel included to ensure existing relationship conservation and retention while pursuing new leads.
- Research potential prospects and/or direct prospect research requests to Investor Relations Team support staff depending on imminence and importance of lead
- Draft emails from the CEO to engage with or respond to donors.
Communications and Field Leadership
- Flag potential speaking requests and thought leadership collaboration opportunities with external partners, coordinate outreach and follow-up, and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate coordination with other partners and support staff across New Profit on the CEO’s field leadership activities
- Support the Partner, Inclusive Impact in maintaining the CEO’s overall field leadership priorities and manage to deliverable deadlines
WHO YOU ARE
- 5- 8 years professional experience in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial organization
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to capture the CEO’s voice over time
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously support multiple projects and effectively prioritize own time and tasks
- Natural relationship-builder
- Deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- High level of maturity, empathy, and grace under pressure
- Superior organizational skills, commitment to high-quality work product, and attention to detail
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities
- Unwavering commitment to service and a client-facing orientation
- Strong learning orientation; the ability to learn and grow from mistakes and the desire to constantly improve and adapt
- Communications and social media experience strongly preferred
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page.
We are currently hiring for an Associate Partner (starting salary: $124,154). The level is commensurate with years of experience and skill set.
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Please no phone calls or direct emails