SUMMER INTERNSHIP - America Forward
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Entry Level
New Profit encourages you to consider an internship with us if you are interested in contributing to and learning about the inner workings of an innovative, equity-centered, national venture philanthropy organization. We have loved the influence, support, and energy of our interns over the years and are excited to select and welcome another cohort! Our internships are placed in various parts of our organization, but each opportunity offers exposure to an aspect of program, external affairs, or operational management to help you develop skills, knowledge, and relationships that ideally aid your career path. Our summer internship program will be 20-30 hours per week. We hope you apply!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Conducting research to inform America Forward’s policy development and collective advocacy work;
- Helping plan and/or attending (virtual) briefings on Capitol Hill;
- Conducting research to inform America Forward’s advocacy capacity building work;
- Planning and attending (virtual) advocacy trainings and Hill Days;
- Contributing to congressional and administration outreach efforts;
- Contributing to Coalition communications efforts;
- Supporting the management of the America Forward Coalition; and
- Providing office and administrative support
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple priorities and projects while driving toward deadlines
- “Can do” personality and enjoys working with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience and/or knowledge of, or strong desire to know more about, the United States federal and state government systems and policies
- Policy background or interest in any of the following; education or workforce policy, systems change, federal budget/appropriations issues, leading nonprofit organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Committed to high-quality work product and attention to detail
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
New Profit prioritizes the safety of its employees, and as a result, requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a term of employment for all employees. The organization may make exceptions to this requirement in certain limited circumstances for medical or religious reasons.
Please no phone calls or direct emails.