Senior Associate, Finance
POSITION: SENIOR ASSOCIATE, FINANCE
LOCATION: BOSTON, MA (in office 2-3x per week)
ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
Are you a detail oriented and data driven professional with a passion for social change? Are you a problem solver, driven to create solutions and systems to support a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization? Would you like to hone your financial and accounting skills?
If so, New Profit wants to talk to you about an exciting opportunity to join our Finance and Operations team. The Senior Associate, Finance plays a key role in coordinating and managing New Profit’s organizational systems including finance, accounting, payroll and human resources. The Senior Associate, Finance helps ensure that New Profit’s systems continue to adapt and improve as the organization evolves and matures. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and build skills in finance, accounting, human resources, and other functional areas that are based on best practices applicable to any organization.
Financial Management: (70%)
- Process accounts payable and receivables, and manage resolution of billing issues
- Deposit receivables
- Complete a monthly reconciliation of the donor management system and accounting system
- Process wires for disbursement and transfers between New Profit bank accounts
- Support the annual budgeting process, quarterly reporting, and annual audit
- Maintain complete and timely files to support all accounting and finance activities, including vendor activity and contract billing
- Support the maintenance of the accounting policies and procedures manual and standard operating procedures documents
- Work closely with the entire New Profit team to ensure timely and accurate financial records & reporting
- Handle Finance mail
Human Resources and Payroll Administration: (30%)
- Onboard new hires into payroll, benefits, and systems
- Process new hire and employee termination paperwork
- Process biweekly payroll
- Maintain and support the expense reimbursement platform
- Manage and process staff expense reimbursements
- Uphold relationships with key account management for payroll, benefits, and systems
- Update and maintain employee handbook and both staff and non-staff expense reimbursement policies
- Serve as resource to staff as needed
- Ensure state compliance with all necessary states
- Maintain employee personnel files
WHO YOU ARE
- You have an associate’s degree or higher, or equivalent work experience, and at least 2-3 years of overall professional work experience
- You have superior organizational skills combined with an obsessive attention to detail
- You can work independently and with remote team members
- You have the ability to manage multiple, detailed projects with the ability to follow through and drive toward deadlines
- You have a high level of interpersonal maturity, poise, and professionalism
- You have excellent judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- You have unwavering commitment to service and a strong customer orientation
- You enjoy working with data and have an intermediate command of Microsoft EXCEL. Experience with accounting software is a plus.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are a collaborative team player who is willing to go above and beyond
- You embody and demonstrate your commitment to New Profit’s mission, social entrepreneurship, and social change
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page. Please submit a resume and a cover letter aligned to the role, addressed to Jessica Kirby.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Associate (starting salary: $72,000) level candidates. The level is commensurate with years of experience and skill set.
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
New Profit prioritizes the safety of its employees, and as a result, requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a term of employment for all employees. The organization may make exceptions to this requirement in certain limited circumstances for medical or religious reasons.
Please no phone calls or direct emails.