Senior Associate, Communications
POSITION: SENIOR ASSOCIATE, COMMUNICATIONS
LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
The Communications team at New Profit plays an integral part in driving impact for the organization, individual operating units, and our community of social entrepreneurs. We elevate the stories of our grantee partners, advance ideas and insights to drive the philanthropic and social impact sectors forward, and ensure our initiatives, programs, and related efforts all align under a cohesive enterprise brand. As New Profit celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2023, the Communications team is growing to ensure we are able to support the enterprise’s strategic priorities, an expanding portfolio of grantee partners, and our deepening influence in philanthropy, social impact, and policy.
New Profit is looking for an experienced, organized, and creative problem-solver who is excited to support a national social impact organization while further developing their skills and expertise in digital communications. The Senior Associate will serve as the ‘owned channels’ lead, responsible for managing New Profit’s websites, social media accounts, and email program. The Senior Associate will work closely with New Profit’s agency partners, including web developers and creative producers, as well as with internal teams. The Senior Associate will report directly to Halley Kamerkar, Associate Partner.
- Manage New Profit’s suite of websites, including the core website (www.newprofit.org), the multimedia site (www.newprofit.org/go), and our Investor Dashboard, all built on the Wordpress platform:
- Regularly update content on the websites including new staff bios and headshots, blog posts and announcements, and new webpages.
- Track, measure, and share analytics to inform content, SEO, and linking strategies.
- Support in drafting new content for the website, source relevant photography from our library, and work with our creative agency to develop new graphics as needed.
- Source and organize creative and engaging content from New Profit’s community of social entrepreneurs, alumni, and staff for our monthly email newsletter (delivered via Hubspot).
- Manage social media accounts by drafting, editing, and posting scheduled content, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Vimeo; monitor and respond to community engagement; track and analyze key performance metrics; and provide informed points-of-view on opportunities to leverage social media toward enterprise priorities.
- Drive New Profit’s email marketing program; including drafting major announcements, event invitations, campaign launches, and donor engagement in partnership with the Investor Relations team. Report regularly on metrics and identify opportunities to improve results through testing and data analysis.
- Coordinate photography/videography of events and related activities to build a media library for our publications, websites and other properties; ensure appropriate releases are signed and filed; organize graphic, video and photo files; coordinate closely with hired vendors and crews.
- Support the Communications team with executing other key projects and strategies including virtual and in-person events.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced. You have 2-3 years of experience in digital communications, marketing, or a related field. You have plenty of experience with social media platforms and tools, and exposure to website CMS (Wordpress), and email programs (HubSpot).
- An effective communicator. You have excellent written and oral communication skills and an understanding of all the modern tools of marketing and communications. You can craft high-quality written pieces, explain complex concepts in a digestible and humble manner, and have that rare mix of intellect and intuition.
- Organized. You are a strong project manager, capable of driving multiple work streams toward deadlines and juggling changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategically Opportunistic. You leverage opportunities. You are constantly generating new ideas and can imagine possibilities while remaining focused on long-term objectives that help strategic direction.
- Data-centric. You have sharp analytical skills that allow you to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply learnings to a larger context.
- Collaborative. You actively contribute to the team in order to complete tasks and meet goals. You actively listen to your coworkers, respect the ideas of others, and aim to improve the project or process at hand.
- Mission-oriented. You care about creating impact and are passionate about New Profit’s vision, mission, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page. Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume addressed to Halley Kamerkar.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Associate (starting salary: $72,000) level candidates. The level is commensurate with years of experience and skill set.
Currently, our offices are in the "soft" opening phase and we ask employees to come in 1x week on a flexible schedule. The other days can be worked remotely. We are committed to providing our employees ample notice should the current in office schedule change.
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
New Profit prioritizes the safety of its employees, and as a result, requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a term of employment for all employees. The organization may make exceptions to this requirement in certain limited circumstances for medical or religious reasons.
Please no phone calls or direct emails.