Associate, Investor Relations (nonprofit fundraising)
ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
New Profit is looking for an entrepreneurial, organized, and collaborative individual to join our Investor Relations team in support of our senior philanthropic advisors. If you are passionate about fundraising, stewardship and prospect research, and looking for an opportunity to learn alongside experienced fundraisers, keep reading!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Fundraising and Development: (75%)
- Serve as development support staff to New Profit’s three senior philanthropic advisors, assisting with internal management of fundraising priorities
- Identify potential funders, conduct funder and prospect research, and assess/suggest focus for new pitches to prospects
- Prioritize and track all outreach, meetings, and follow-up between senior philanthropic advisors and prospects/donors
- Maintain and refine systems to support cultivation and stewardship of prospects/donors
- Assist with moves management and support individual stewardship plans for donors
- Maintain prospect/donor records in Salesforce; coordinate with database administrator and virtual assistants to ensure all Salesforce data is accurate and up to date
- Partner with the finance team to ensure high-quality funder proposal budgets and funder reports
Project Management and Coordination: (25%)
- Provide support for a variety of prospect and donor-related projects, ensuring high quality and on-time deliverables
- Ensure appropriate coordination with other partners and support staff across teams at New Profit to support fundraising efforts, including but not limited to gathering requested portfolio updates for donors, coordinating briefings for donors, and providing meeting materials for internal parties ahead of donor meetings
- 1-2 years of experience in a development office (of any size) or similar function
- Excited about New Profit’s mission and social change
- Action-oriented, able to use your superior organizational skills to manage up, juggle changing priorities, and drive towards deadlines
- Natural relationship-builder
- Strong verbal and written communicator, with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to high-quality work
- Deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- High level of interpersonal maturity and poise
- Ability to learn and grow from mistakes and have the desire to constantly improve
- Sharp analytical skills that allow you to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply learnings to a larger context
- Command of Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Comfort with moves management tracking system such as Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce (Salesforce preferred)
- Comfort with WealthEngine, RelSci, or other comparable prospect research software a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as needed
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page. Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume.
Location: Boston, MA or Washington, D.C.
Projected Salary: Starting at $68,850, to be adjusted based on experience
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Please no phone calls or direct emails.