Manager, People Operations
Position: Manager, People Operations
Location: Boston or Washington D.C.
ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a venture philanthropy organization that backs social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit exists to build a bridge between these leaders and a community of philanthropists who are committed to catalyzing their impact. New Profit provides unrestricted grants and strategic support to a portfolio of organizations led by visionary social entrepreneurs to increase their impact, scale, and sustainability. It also partners with social entrepreneurs and other cross-sector leaders to shift how government and philanthropy pursue social change to ensure that all people can thrive. Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has invested $325+ million in more than 165 early-and later-stage social enterprises. In 2024, New Profit will operate with a team of 85 full-time employees and an annual operating budget of $42M that will support over 120 social enterprises across the nation. Learn more about New Profit here.
New Profit is looking for an entrepreneurial, organized, relational and self-aware individual to join our growing People Team as a Manager. This individual will be critical to the development and management of our performance management and professional development / growth systems, and will serve as a key thought partner and support to our people managers. If you are passionate about the intersection of people, culture, strategy, and HR, are approximately 4-8 years into your career, and are ready to throw yourself into a new opportunity, keep reading!
Performance Management & Employee Growth
- Facilitate ongoing implementation of performance management systems and processes, in collaboration with People Team Lead.
- Manage processes to promote the performance and development of our employees, including: goal setting, performance / development reviews, manager check-ins, utilization of the competency model, promotions, semi-annual talent assessment.
- Support the ongoing development of a culture of learning and performance through feedback.
- Continuously assess and refine performance management systems and processes based on learnings.
People Business Partner Support & Coaching
- Conduct regular meetings with people managers and serve as a trusted internal advisor to people managers on the New Profit team on people-related issues; learn when to pull in others for further intervention.
- Provide day-to-day HR and people-related support to people managers, including: coaching, counseling, career development, team development, navigating relationships, projects, and complex employee relations issues.
- Serve as a bridge between people managers and People Operations; work collaboratively with people managers to strengthen relationships and organizational culture.
- Proactively look for and develop opportunities to infuse the mission, vision, and core values into the work and champion what it means to live out New Profit’s values in tangible ways.
Talent Operations & Human Resources
- Partner with others on the People, Finance, and Operations teams to ensure policies are effective and equitable, documentation is up to date, and work aligns with HR best practices.
- Partner with others on the People Operations team to design programs and procedures that center equity.
- Actively listen for and analyze trends and metrics in our talent systems (including performance management) to ensure continuous learning and to develop next generation solutions, programs and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned as the People Team evolves.
- Develop and maintain systems and processes to support individual and team professional development within New Profit.
- Support the design, content development, and execution of Learning Week, New Profit’s in-person organization-wide team retreat that takes place 3-4 times per year.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Required experience: Approximately 4-8 years of experience in the workplace with 2+ years in talent / people / HR administration, project management or coordination support
- Ideal experience: Helped manage / operationalize a performance management system or process, change management process, or employee professional development program; served as a trusted HR Business Partner; other similar coaching and/or facilitation experience
- Competencies / attributes: strategic thinker and creative problem solver; self-aware and curious; ambitious and collaborative work ethic; organized project manager; ability to communicate with and build relationships across lines of difference
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities
- Strong learning orientation; able to learn and grow from mistakes and the desire to constantly improve and adapt
- Comfortable practicing discretion around relationships and confidentiality
- Deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong command of Google and Microsoft Office programs
- Committed to New Profit's mission and values
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position will be $92,000 -$105,000 annually, with the exact salary depending on prior work experience and the assessment of one's fit for the role. Additionally, New Profit provides a suite of competitive benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, retirement benefits, and a generous PTO policy with an end-of-year holiday break.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page. Please submit a resume and a cover letter aligned to the role, addressed to Kevin Greer.
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Please no phone calls or direct emails