Manager, Special Project
ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a venture philanthropy organization that backs social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit exists to build a bridge between these leaders and a community of philanthropists who are committed to catalyzing their impact. New Profit provides unrestricted grants and strategic support to a portfolio of organizations led by visionary social entrepreneurs to increase their impact, scale, and sustainability. It also partners with social entrepreneurs and other cross-sector leaders to shift how government and philanthropy pursue social change to ensure that all people can thrive. Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has invested $325+ million in more than 165 early-and later-stage social enterprises. Learn more about New Profit here.
Are you a natural relationship-builder looking to collaborate across a dynamic organization? Are you results-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple work streams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment? Are you passionate about social change and looking to learn about working on the cutting edge of social entrepreneurship, philanthropy and policy with one of the most influential leaders in the sector?
New Profit is seeking an exceptional person to work with and support Vanessa Kirsch, Founder & Co-CEO. You will work across the entire organization on new and ongoing projects, playing a key role in ensuring that New Profit achieves its mission and ambitious growth strategy. You will get a window into all areas of the organization.
This position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with a high-performing team and outstanding network and will serve as a leadership development path for you to launch your career in the social sector. The Special Projects Manager will work closely with members of the Communications Team and Executive Office teams, and most closely with the Investor Relations Team, as the Manager will be responsible for overseeing Vanessa’s personal fundraising strategy and implementation of her annual fundraising plan.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess highly developed interpersonal, networking and influencing skills, superior organizational and prioritization abilities, strong and demonstrated judgment and tact, the ability to juggle multiple projects and details while driving toward deadlines, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, intense and entrepreneurial environment. They will also have significant experience working in non-profit fundraising, both in a funder-facing capacity as well as an internal, operations-focused capacity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Special Projects in the Office of the Co-CEO
- Assist with special projects as needed, including annual events and emergent opportunities
- Collaborate with the Executive Assistant to better leverage the Co-CEO’s time to allow her to focus on mission critical issues
- Diligently manage, track, and prioritize the Co-CEO’s email; draft, write, edit, proof emails and letters; flag scheduling requests for the Executive Assistant
- Support the Executive Assistant in anticipating & responding to Co-CEO’s needs relative to upcoming meetings and events, coordinating and managing materials and talking points with teams across the organization
- Manage the Weekly Team Meeting, coordinate with the Co-CEO on agenda setting, note taking, and tracking follow up
- Coordinate logistics and operations for local and off-site meetings and events
- Fundraising Partnership with the Co-CEO
- Flag potential prospects and funding opportunities, coordinate outreach and follow-up, and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate coordination with other partners and support staff across New Profit on the Co-CEO’s fundraising activities
- Support the Partner, Investor Relations in maintaining the Co-CEO’s overall fundraising priorities and manage to deliverable deadlines
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5 years professional experience in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial organization, with specific experience in fundraising and development work (pipeline management/moves management, email correspondence, annual fund, etc.)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to capture the Co-CEO’s voice over time
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously support multiple projects and effectively prioritize own time and tasks
- Natural relationship-builder
- Deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- High level of maturity, empathy, and grace under pressure
- Superior organizational skills, commitment to high-quality work product, and attention to detail
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities
- Unwavering commitment to service and a client-facing orientation
- Strong learning orientation; the ability to learn and grow from mistakes and the desire to constantly improve and adapt
- Communications and social media experience strongly preferred
- While this role is remote, this person should be located in commutable distance, as this role is expected to be in the Boston office with relative frequency
- Starting salary $80,000, commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page.
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Please no phone calls or direct emails.