ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
New Profit seeks an organized, self-motivated, resourceful, technology-savvy individual drawn to a role designed to ensure smooth operations (including facilities and technology support) within the office and care for the New Profit team. The Operations Associate will report to New Profit’s Associate Partner, Operations. The Associate will also have responsibilities to support New Profit’s People Business Partner team with activities and initiatives to enhance the employee experience. The Operations Associate will collaborate with members of the Finance and the Executive /Virtual Assistant teams and interact regularly with the full New Profit Team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Boston Office Support: 60%
- Serve as the welcoming first point of contact to New Profit team, guests, and service contractors, both in person and through managing the main phone line:
- This is a full-time role based at our Boston, MA office
- Will be working in the office 3-4 days a week
- Create and maintain a welcoming, organized and inspiring office space:
- Coordinate new hire desk assignments with hiring managers
- Manage and order the team’s office and kitchen supplies
- Find ways to add warmth and creativity to our office space experience
- Act as point person for facilities, office maintenance requests, mailing and shipping supplies
- Keep common areas clean and welcoming
- Help with office operations in other locations as needed
- Provide general office and IT support to team members, sub-tenant organizations & guests:
- Support meeting set-up and break-down in managing technology platforms and equipment (i.e. video conferencing)
- Manage the logistics of staff and agency-wide in-person and/or virtual meetings/events and training/convenings
- Provide basic IT assistance to team members in operating office equipment and technology (i.e. printers, monitors, AV equipment)
- Ensure staff (and contractors) not located in Boston are effectively integrated into New Profit operations, technology, and culture
- Support our virtual assistants with in office support, Boston-based technology set up or lunch orders for in-person/virtual meetings and webinars
People Ops & Overall Team Support: 40%
- Provide special project and team-wide support to the People Operations and Finance teams (and others across New Profit as capacity allows):
- Work closely with the People Ops team on the employee engagement activities/events
- Assists in the planning of the all staff events (Learning Week/Retreats)
- Track receipts and complete Certify expense reports accurately and in a timely manner
- Recruiting/search support
- Assist with onboarding and off boarding process
- Other initiatives as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- Early career – at least one year of professional/internship experience preferred. Recent graduates are welcomed to apply
- Excited about New Profit’s mission and social change
- Technology-inclined – experience with being a fast learner with technology platforms such as Zoom, Slack, GoToMeeting, Blue Jeans, and other platforms as needed; must be proficient in Google and Microsoft Suites
- Proactive and resourceful – creative problem-solver and self-driven
- Organized – proclivity to create to-do lists and create order in an office; able to multi-task easily and meet deadlines
- Loves people – relational, enjoys interacting with and helping the team daily
- Values and is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion – understands the importance of creating an inclusive environment for a diverse team; self-aware
- Learning oriented – always looking for ways to grow, improve, and reflect
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page. Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume addressed to Phuong Dao.
We are currently hiring for Associate (starting salary: $68,850) level candidates. The level is commensurate with years of experience and skill set.
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
New Profit prioritizes the safety of its employees, and as a result, requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a term of employment for all employees. The organization may make exceptions to this requirement in certain limited circumstances for medical or religious reasons.
Please no phone calls or direct emails.